Download as PDF
- The MetroWest Daily News, Framingham, Massachusetts — Multimedia journalist (September 2014 - Present)
- I cover the city of Framingham, a suburb of Boston with a population of roughly 70,000. I write daily print stories for our newspapers and affiliated websites.
- I also produce photos, videos, maps and interactive content, and help grow our digital audience by managing the social media accounts of our daily and weekly newspapers.
- The Telegraph, Hudson, New Hampshire — City Hall reporter (August 2013 - September 2014)
- Covered government and politics in Nashua, New Hampshire’s second largest city. Also wrote for PolitiFact New Hampshire, an affiliate of the fact-checking website PolitiFact.com.
- Foster’s Daily Democrat, Dover, New Hampshire — General assignment reporter (January 2012 - August 2013)
- Reported on issues of regional and statewide significance for one of New Hampshire’s largest daily newspapers. I led the paper’s coverage of the 2012 presidential election, as well as an outbreak of hepatitis C at Exeter Hospital, the murder of Elizabeth Marriott and a fire that destroyed a nuclear submarine at Portsmouth Naval Shipyard.
- GateHouse Media New England, Massachusetts — Staff reporter (April 2010 - February 2012)
- Wrote features and covered government, crime and spot news for weekly papers in Arlington and Melrose.
- WCVB-TV, Needham, Massachusetts — Web producer (July 2008 - May 2010)
- Covered breaking news and prepared print versions of broadcast pieces for the web. The website won a National Headliner Award in 2009, as well as Associated Press awards for best website in New England for 2009 and 2010 and the Edward R. Murrow Award for Best TV News Web site in 2010.
- B.S. in Journalism, Boston University (September 2004 - May 2008)
- Graduated magna cum laude from BU’s College of Communication with a concentration in print journalism.
- Completed internships at Foster’s Daily Democrat and The Sunday Tribune in Dublin, Ireland.
- City of Boston Open Data Challenge: Won first place in the data storytelling track and received the Open Source Award for Trash City, a project using code enforcement violations and 311 reports to visualize the impact of move-in week (2017)
- First Place, right-to-know reporting from the New England Newspaper & Press Association (2018)
- First Place, local election coverage from the New England Newspaper & Press Association (2018)
- First Place, general news story from the New England Newspaper & Press Association (2015)
- First Place, government reporting from the New Hampshire Press Association (2014)
- First Place, investigative reporting from the New England Newspaper & Press Association (2011)
- First Place, reporting on religious issues from the New England Newspaper & Press Association (2011)
- Versed in state and federal public records laws
- Proficient coding in Python to scrape, analyze and visualize data
- Experience using QGIS, Carto and other mapping software
- Knowledge of HTML and content management systems
- Knowledge of AP style